|DURATION||9 Days, 8 Nights|
|BEST TIME||May end to June, September to October|
|TEMPERATURE||20°C Max/ -8°C Min|
Trek to Borasu Pass offers true promise of adventure. It is considered a strenuous trek, with pass located at a high altitude of 5250 M. The trek starts from Lovely “Taluka” Vilage and goes via villages of Gangaad, Dhatmir, Seema and Osla until Har Ki Dun. The trek passes through dense forests consisting of chestnut, walnut, willow and chinar trees. The trek from Osla to Har-ki-doon is through terraced mountain fields, lush green grassy patches and thick coniferous forests The trail from Har ki Dun to Chitkul (In Himachal) covers all kinds of landscapes that may require the use of some technical equipment too. The trek is situated close to Tibet and lies on the Border of Indian Himalayan states of Uttrakhand and Himachal. The pass is open only for a very short period before and after Monsoon.
Report in Sankri by 5 PM. Sankri is 185 Kms away from Dehradun. You can get a shared taxi or public transport for Sankri early in the morning from Dehradun bus stand. It will take 7-9 hours for you to reach Sankri from Dehradun. Night stay in Hotel / Guest house.
Early morning drive from Sankri to Taluka in a Taxi .Taluka is the starting point of our trek.After Breakfast in Taluka, we will Start trekking with packed lunch to Seema (2260m)on an even surface through thick forests of chestnuts, walnuts, willows, chinars and a variety of conifer trees, with a few waterfalls on the way.
The trail from Seema initially continues on the true left of the valley, goes past fields followed by crossing a anging bridge over river Rupin, to the true right of the valley.
Cross the wooden bride near Har ki Dun Forest Rest House and take the mud trail towards right leading to a lush green valley. Hata peak (just behind forest rest house ) and Swargarohini Peak are prominently seen from here.
Rest and acclimatization day before the climb to pass.
we cross the pass. Since the trek will be hard, we will start early in the morning to have the advantage of time at hand. In the morning the peaks turn golden as the first rays of sun fall on them.
The trek is easy through the valley and views today will keep your cameras busy . we trek 10 km to arrive at Doaria camping grounds.
After a week of living in wilderness today we will see the civilization . Today’s trek is of 10 kms which takes about 8-9 hrs.
Chitkul is well connect by Road with Dehradun
The Trip Cost Includes
- Food as per menu on the trek ,
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Forest Camping charges
- Safety Equipment ,Trek equipments : Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required) All necessary permits and entry fees
- Trek guide, cook, helpers, and mules for carrying common luggage
- Transportation if Specified in Itinerary,
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide, cook and Support staff
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Meals during road Journeys
- Any king of Insurance
- Any expense of personal Nature
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Carriage of personal laggage during the trek
Frequently asked Questions
There are main questions when considering a trek in India (Himalayas). The first is where to go, and for this is important to check of maps of the destination (Location) and read up relevant books, pamphlets and brochure.
Secondly, you need to decide when to go / where to go. Climate and geography of the Himalaya mountain is very complex and it is no use setting your heart on trekking out of Himalayas.
Thirdly, Check out your budget. Decide what you afford and whether you intend to trek through a adventure travel company (Himalayas Griffon) or prefer to make your own arrangements.
Trek in Himalayas you will need to obtain one or more permits, depending on the area that you plan to visit. Special Trekking Permit for restricted/controlled areas (Forest Department).
1. Take the right clothes.
Clothes for trekking are designed to be waterproof, light, and wind-resistant.
2. Don’t pack extra stuff.
Make sure you only take what is needed and not pack extra stuff.
Half the things you will pack will probably be available where you are going.
Do your research well, don’t spend money on expensive trekking gear, tents, and everything.
3. Here’s what to take essentially.
A small backpack, warm clothes, a jacket, trek pants, hiking shoes, torch, socks, towel, reusable water bottle, snacks, soaps, hand sanitizer, basic medicines, and a power bank. Make sure your bag is sturdy.
Whether You’re going with trekking agency or alone, it is imperative to take some insurance covers against sickness, injury, loss of Bags and any tragedy with your life. most policies also cover the reimbursement of cancellations fees and other non recoverable expenses.
If you are forced to cancel your booking because of an accident or illness of a close family member then you must also seriously consider evacuation cover.
If the user wishes to cancel any booking due to any reason whatsoever, the same shall be only valid if Himalayas Griffon is notified of the cancellation in writing on its official address or via e-mail, at least 15 days before the commencement of the trip or adventure activity. Any refund due to the user, natural calamity, road blocks will be subject to cancellation charges by Himalayas Griffon .
Written cancellations will only be acknowledged if they are received by Himalayas Griffon on their official address or e-mail on working days. Cancellation request received on Sundays and public holidays shall be processed only on the next official working day.
The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation of a booking:
- If the cancellation request is received before 30 days from the commencement of the trip, the whole amount paid for the trip will be refunded.
- If the cancellation request is received between 15 to 30 days from the commencement of the trip, 50% of the trip cost shall be refunded.
- In cases where the cancellation request is not received before 15 days from the commencement of the trip Himalayas Griffon shall not be liable to pay any refund.
- Cancellation of booking made within 15 days of departure date will not be liable for any refund.
3. Cancellation By Operator#
In case a trek is called off by the operator# due to unforeseen circumstances which are beyond the control of the operator#, such as natural clamities, denial of permissions by various government bodies etc., the following conditions shall be applicable
- The Operator# will not be liable for any monetary refunds.
- The User/Client who has made a booking, shall be entitled to book for a future trek with us, subject to availability of fixed departures within a period of 6 months from the date of the original departure date for which the booking was made.
- The aforementioned entitlement shall be less than or equal to the amount that was paid to the operator as an advance and will be subject to deductions by the operator for the bookings that the operator may have made for the trek under consideration, such as transport, hotels, for which the services of 3rd party may have been employed.
#Operator is a reference for Himalayas Griffon
The above-mentioned refunds are subjected to deductions for any expenses that may have been incurred for hotel booking or transport etc., by Himalayas Griffon .
In cases where the request for cancellation is received after the commencement of the trip or if the user voluntarily drops out of the trip for any reason whatsoever, Himalayas Griffon shall not be liable to pay any refund. Furthermore, no refund shall be payable by Himalayas Griffon for any of the service or facility provided by Himalayas Griffon in its packages, but not availed by the user.
Note: Trekking cost, Cancellation, and refund structure will be different for guests of foreign and Indian nationalities.